Random Adventure Roguelike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we talk about bows for a minute?

2 posters

Go down

Can we talk about bows for a minute? Empty Can we talk about bows for a minute?

Post by Mister_Raccoon Fri 24 Apr - 10:36

Are bows useless or what?
In most RPGs bows are my go to weapon of choice. But seeing as how I can only seem to get them with crafting, and wood is my only option, they never seem to be able to do much damage. Worse yet, there isn't a way to use them at range even using abilities that allow you to see past the current room.

I do really enjoy this game though otherwise. I look forward to seeing how it evolves down the road. Gonna be hitting that donate button when I get paid tomorrow for sure.

Mister_Raccoon

Back to top Go down

Can we talk about bows for a minute? Empty Re: Can we talk about bows for a minute?

Post by Mister_Raccoon Fri 24 Apr - 10:45

I guess to clarify:
In some other MUDs I've played (mostly circleMUD) bows would have their own equipment slot and we're utility items of sorts.

You'd use a skill that looks into the next room. If that room were filled with 3-4 mobs, you'd try and draw one of them into your current room by hitting the mob in the next room with an arrow and drawing aggro.

It wasn't always safe (90% safe) because sometimes hitting one would anger all of them, but the bow had a use.

Mister_Raccoon

Back to top Go down

Can we talk about bows for a minute? Empty Re: Can we talk about bows for a minute?

Post by danx55 Fri 24 Apr - 22:35

hi - yes I like a good bow in most rpgs I play - not tried one here - I like my diamond sword I picked up currently Smile
cheers
dan

danx55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum